[kplato] Question about the gantt view

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Wed May 7 00:07:35 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

I was wondering about the gantt view.

First of all, there are two within kdepim:
1) kdgantt, which is copied into koffice via a symbolic link
2) kgantt

I just compiled kdepim, and using all the defaults, kgantt does not even
get comiled.
kdgant gets comiled, but apart from kplato, noone seems to use it. How
comes?And if it does not get used, why was it included into kde/kdepim.
What is the company who builds it? If we find that we need to change
something in kdgantt, e.g. add a setCurrentItem, which I need but did
not find, can I just add it, or is there anyone with whom I have to
coordinate this?

By the way: the idea to symlink a directory into two kdeapplications
does look a bit strange to me, especially if it does not get used in the
place where it comes from.

Speaking of kdepim: This also leads me to the question why kplato is
part of koffice? Well, MS Project is part of MS Office, but having a
planning tool coordinated whith a project management tool would sound
more reasonable. So how comes that kplato belongs to koffice instead of
kdepim?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am only trying to understand the
current status before I delve into programming.

Greetings,

Heiko