[kplato] projects, subprojects and tasks

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Fri May 2 19:40:02 CEST 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:39:13AM +0200, Heiko Evermann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering about the class structure of the nodes. We have a base
> class node, and subclasses for project, subproject and tasks. Each of
> them can pop up an edit dialog by node->openDialog(). For a task object
> we get a task dialog, for a subproject object we get a subproject dialog.
>
> Now let's do this:
>
> add subproject sp1.
> Within sp1 let us add task t1.
> And then we insert a task t2 into t1.
>
> The gant diagramm now treats t1 as a subproject and displays it as a
> blue bar with little triangles, just like sp1.

Thats odd; its not a subproject and I doubt it shoud be displayed like
one.

I designed the class structure in such a form that it keeps consistent
data when adding removing nodes, but when adding removing data means
that an existing node changes who he is, then thats really odd...

Can someone with project planning experience tell me if a node should
change who he is according to the children he has?

Btw; looking at the docs I see that there is a openDialog on KPTTask,
that should not be there, KPTTask is a data object and has nothing to
do with views.
For the one who wrote that; please read up on the ModelViewController
design pattern...

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander