[kplato] commit of several changes

John Lamb J.D.Lamb at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 13 21:25:59 CEST 2003

Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de wrote:
> The pert code is quite complicated. Is it documented anywhere? I hope it
> still
> works as indended. My tests indicated that it is still working, but perhaps
> someone who programmed that in the first place could have a look?)

There are some kdoc/doxygen style comments but no other documentation.
What would be useful to you?

I'll try to have a look soon. I did a lot of the original pert/cpm
stuff. As I recall, it depends almost entirely on nodes and relations
and doesn't use the work breakdown structure at all.

> things to do:
> get the time calculation working. I think it does not work at the moment.
> And
> I would prefer to move it out of the models. It is spread over several
> classes
> and IMHO it should be handled in project, or even better in a class of its
> own
> whith the sole responsability to perform these calculations. I think this
> is neccessary, as several algorithms for these calculations can be expected,
> and then we could have on class for each algorithm. It would be confusing to
> spread several calculation algorithms over several classes.)

Can you explain this one a little more? Do you mean
KPTProject::calculate()?

I like the idea of doing this in a separate class.

--
JDL

Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter
libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.