[kplato] commit of several changes

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Fri Jul 11 10:43:47 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:51:26PM +0200, Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just had a look at the mailing list archive. Quite a lot of time has
> passed
> like to check them in. Otherwise, if someone else has any changes, the merge
> would be a mess. I know that not everything is perfect, but I hope You do
> not mind checking in.

As I always said; make sure it compiles and everyone is happy.  To avoid people
working on the same stuff its better to commit more often anyway.

> New features:
>
> * node delete
> * node move up
> * node move down
> * node indent
> * node unindent
> * insert  new subnode vs. insert  new sibling node by icon.
> * internal structure changes
> * some new icons for the new functions, including icons for the several
> insert options.
> * extended context menu for the functions
> * moved pert code into the pert view. (Thomas Zander was right to complain
> about
> mixing model and view code, so I used the opportunity to sort this thing
> out.

Great!!

> The pert code is quite complicated. Is it documented anywhere? I hope it
> still
> works as indended. My tests indicated that it is still working, but perhaps
> someone who programmed that in the first place could have a look?)

I guess the mailing lists should be able to provid3 some common tests, and
maybe we should start using a unit tester framework for this..

> Try the new things out and tell me what You think.

I'll do that as soon as I get the change!

> PS: During checkin I noticed that some things have changed in the koffice
> interface.
> I had a conflict in kptpart.cc which was changed 9 days ago by faure. I
> think
> this is a global change in koffice. The end result is that I have to update
> all
> of koffice to test whether the current CVS of kplato still works. (As should
> be done after every checkin...)
> For this it is too late, so I can only check that tomorrow or over the
> weekend.
> Sorry. I did not realize this conflict until after I was in the midst of the
> checkin.

Fortunately KOffice has been frozen for features and messages, which means
that this will not happen anymore until 1.3 is released.
Notice that this freeze applies to the koffice-libraries, but not to KPlato.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander