[kplato] Activity durations in weeks and days

John Lamb kplato@kde.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:38:38 +0000

Here's a comment about activity (task) durations that may affect how we
record them.

A week may have fewer than seven days and a day fewer than 24 hours. For
many practical purposes, a week has five days and a day 7-8 hours. So,
the person entering information may think in those days and weeks. This
makes a difference if you add four hours to an activity that takes 3 days.

Eventually, I think a calendar would help, but first, lets see if we can
get kplato do do something simple.

My suggestion would be (was) to define a basic unit of time for the
project. Then a task could be put down as 18 days or 4 days or 5.75
days, etc.

I see also the value of putting 5.6 days as 5 days 6 hours.

--
JDL