[kplato] Two GUI questions

John Lamb kplato@kde.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:53:38 +0000

1. What is a good way to put durations (times) into the tasks in the
GUI? I think we need to enter them as a set of parameters for a
distribution. The default should be a fixed distribution: the _time_ for
the task. Then a PERT distribution: three times. Possibly, later other
distributions. But, how do we enter a time? It will be too much to ask
for days and hours and minutes and seconds always. One possibility is to
set a time scale for the project: days, weeks, hours. Then the default
is to ask for times in the project _time scale_.

2. How should we specify time-dependencies. That is, answer the
questions: what activities must be done before this one? What activities
must be done after. I think of being able to specify this within the
dialog to add or modify a task and also from a menu. Is this sensible?

You will see that I have not a well-formed concept of what the GUI
should look like. If I can develop one, I will try to write some code.
That, at least, may give someone else the opportunity to do better.

--
JDL