[kplato] kplato

Mikael Hallendal kplato@kde.org
04 Dec 2002 16:05:25 +0100

tis 2002-12-03 klockan 17.57 skrev Thomas Zander:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 05:40:32PM +0100, h.evermann@hawesko.de wrote:

Hi!

As one of the maintainers and lead developers of MrProject I have a few
questions about some of the statements in this mail.

> > >It will take some time before it gets seroius (if at all).
> > Same for me. Other things have more priority at the moment.I only did one
> > thing lately: I had
> > a look at MrProject which has become part GNOME. Some time ago there was a
> > discussion about a possible
> > cooperation. The team from MrProject even split the project into a model
> > and a GUI layer. But afterwards nothing
> > happened.
>
> After that we took a long hard look at the XML written by MrProject and found
> out that it dit not use and store information essential for a mature planning
> application.

Where is this review summarized, if you where actually considering using
libmrproject (where we keep the core functionality, non-gui parts) or at
least share XML format it would have been good if you guys let us know
what you think our format lacks.

Also, just because KPlato hasn't moved forward in the last year doesn't
mean we have been sitting idle in the MrProject team. MrProject has come
a long way since then and if you guys think that our format (which we
haven't stabilized yet) still lacks things to be able to be used in a
"mature planning application" please let us know and we'll look into
adding those things.

So basically, if you guys are the least interested in *some* corporation
or file format sharing, please let us know what you think we lack
instead of doing it your own way (which is the worst possible solution
for everyone, not least the users).

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--