[kplato] kplato

kplato@kde.org kplato@kde.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:40:32 +0100

Hi Dag,

>didn't even realize there was a kplato mailing list:)
Well, there has not been much traffic lately.

> So far, I only have look at the gui. I hoped I could define the
> minimum ui needed for planning a project, possibly without resources
> and other advanced stuff.
The resource stuff is not that bad. I have seen this in kdeedu/kstars. It
is a good way of
defining the GUI and there even is a graphical editor for this. Kstars is
changing to
building the GUI via resources.

>It will take some time before it gets seroius (if at all).
Same for me. Other things have more priority at the moment.I only did one
thing lately: I had
a look at MrProject which has become part GNOME. Some time ago there was a
discussion about a possible
cooperation. The team from MrProject even split the project into a model
and a GUI layer. But afterwards nothing
happened. I had a look at the code from MrProject and I do not have a clue
what it means. It is not even c++.
Installing Gnome did not work for me, so I could not try it out. Before
starting serious work on kplato we should
at least understand how MrProject. Perhaps we can port the model layer and
write a nice GUI around it?

And we should start with a detailed list of features, like the attributes
of each object etc. At least in a rough
sketch. We should do the same for the GUI. The graphical resource editor
even allows some kind of prototyping, so
we could have a look at our dialogs without having to program the
funtionality.

> I mailed Thomas Zander and I got the impression not much was happening
atm.
At the moment this is the way things are. But the list has quite a number
of subscribers. So perhaps we could
get going again?

Greetings,

Heiko