I cannot build anymore :-(

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Thu Oct 20 19:32:43 BST 2022

Hi,

my latest try to build KPA ended with:

"

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:25 (cmake_minimum_required):
  CMake 3.18.0 or higher is required.  You are running version 3.17.0

"

Is this really a hard requirement?

I am (still) on openSuse Leap 15.3, so I would need a dist upgrade to
leap 15.4 (has cmake 3.20) - I can and will do it, but later ...

OK, ok - the latest ubuntu LTS 22.04 release has a newer cmake but the
still living LTS 20.04 (focal) has not (3.16).

I guess, we can live with the change if it is really imperative. But you
might loose some testers in the mean time.

If you could reverse this requirement for a while (say,until ubuntu
20.04 has reached EOL) you would do me and all the other laggards a favour.

But - please - only if this version requirement is just a formality and
does not place a big burden on everybody doing the heavy lifting in
development.

Cheers, Andreas