Data migration/import problem

Per Funke per.funke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:48:14 GMT 2022

Hi!

When I came up with the idea to write my own image database this happened
after I scanned around 4500 dias and photos on paper.
The scanner always started with Untiltled-1, Untitled-2 ... as the names of
the first images in a new directory. Since I scanned boxes with dia and
albums with paper photos I chose to create a named directory for each
album/box and in the db I used the dir + imagename as a qualified path to
identify each image.

This concept meant that some dirs were named like 1945-1946 and there was
no way to find out which images originated from what year due to the naming
of the albums/boxes

Any thoughts about how to handle these dates when importing them to
Kphotoalbum?? How fuzzy can a date get?
I'm stumped, sort of...
All input is appreciated!

P.S.
A positive thing already available in Kphotoalbum is the possibility to
assign a key combination to see the pathname to an image in the annotation
form. This is very appreciated by me :0)