I can build again (yay!) and found ...

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Nov 6 21:47:12 GMT 2022

Hi Andreas,

Nice to hear you got a working build environment again!

Am Sonntag, 6. November 2022, 18:04:11 CET schrieb Andreas Schleth:
> Am 06.11.22 um 17:36 schrieb Andreas Schleth:
> > KPA v5.8.1-115-gd77b7c1b

According to the git log, this is a version from July 11th. An up to date
master branch should give you something like v5.9.1-70-g54be0c78.

> this is the version number reported when I run ./kphotoalbum --demo from
> the build folder.
>
> However, after sudo make install, the installed version reports: Version
> 5.9.1
>
> This seems a bit strange, but may be intentional (??).

The binary in the build folder and the installed binary should always report
the same version - we don't alter the file version when installing.

Maybe there is an unexpected second installation lying around somewhere?
Can you compare `which kphotoalbum` against the install prefix that you set in
cmake?

> BTW:
>
> Leap 15.4 has the not so old version 5.8.1 builtin (in the main repo).
> This is quite a nice progress.
>
> I remember times when the built in version was very outdated.

Thanks for the info ;-)

Cheers,
  Johannes