Additional file metadata

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Nov 16 12:03:39 GMT 2021

File date is similar to the file creation date on Linux. Too many ways for
it to become meaningless.

File added date would be better than nothing, but there's nothing to
prevent people from adding batches of images out of time order. There are
some cases where this would be natural. E.g. if someone was collecting
images from other people and added them whenever they arrived regardless
of the dates they were created.

It would, however, answer the question, What did I add last ... if
something looks wrong and I want to reconstruct what I did. E.g. If I want
to restore from a backup and start re-adding, how far back do I need to
go?

That's a pretty specialized situation, (hopefully!) not likely to come up
often, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort or the additional option to
think about in whatever menu it appears.

Joe