Additional file metadata

Tobias Leupold tl at l3u.de
Tue Nov 16 11:21:57 GMT 2021

Hi list!

We now have, as recently requested on the mailing list, the possibility to
view basic file metadata (inside the Exif dialog).

Andreas told me that, for his use-case, it would be cool to also be able to
search the (Exif) database and/or sort all images by file date, speaking of
getting e. g. the order in which the images had been added.

I'm not sure if this is really a good way to do it, esp. beacuse file metadata
isn't reliable in this case (changes if you restore a backup, touch a file
etc. etc.).

But what about adding an "addition" date, so that we can see in which oder
photos have been added to the database? Would this 1. fit the use-case, 2. be
reasonable and 3. bring a general benefit to KPA?

What do you think?

Cheers, Tobias