[KPhotoAlbum] Marble versioning

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Jul 29 23:17:18 BST 2021

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2021, 07:05:33 CEST schrieb Tobias Leupold:
> > Once we can rely on the next release (say, 21.09), "find_package(Marble
> > 21.09 REQUIRED)" will work for the future and also match 22.04 etc.
>
> I though that was not the case, and cmake will define a 22.* release to not
> match a 21.* required version?!
>
> At least, 21.* does not match 0.*?
>
> What did I miss?

The MarbleConfigVersion.cmake file.
In the simple (and most common) case, this file is created by
write_basic_package_config_file():

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/
CMakePackageConfigHelpers.html#command:write_basic_package_version_file

I.e. a cmake package not only defines where to find the package and which
version it is, but also the compatible version range.

Cheers,
  Johannes