[KPhotoAlbum] mapview-patch

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Mon Jan 4 23:42:24 GMT 2021

Hi,

Am Montag, 4. Jänner 2021, 12:53:28 CET schrieb Reimar Imhof:
> > I've played around a little with the way mouse presses are handled. Could
> > you try the branch "work/jzarl/map-improvements" and see if it's an
> > improvement?
>
> I think it's an improvement.
> [...]
> Yes an "abort select (do not select a cluster)" when the map got moved might
> be an idea.

Done. You can try it out in the master branch. If you press the right mouse
button before releasing the left mouse button, or if you press the Escape key
on the keyboard while the left mouse button is still down, the selection is
cancelled.

> When I've done some steps into geo position, moving the map and dragging
> selections get terrible slow (That's no new problem from your branch).
> Here's a debug output of Ctrl-LeftBtn-MouseMove, it seems to come from
> Map::MapView::render:   :
>
> [...]
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoBin: drawing individual images
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 112 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 63 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 337 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 101 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoBin: drawing individual images
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 185 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoBin: drawing individual images
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 7 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 139 images.
> kphotoalbum.Map: GeoCluster has 12 images.
> kphotoalbum.timingInformation: Map rendered in 260 ms.

Judging from the debug output it seems that you are zoomed in enough for the
individual images to be shown. A quick workaround would be to disable
thumbnails for the map (one of the icons on the lower left side of the map).

I'll also take another look and see if more caching can improve performance...

Cheers,
  Johannes