[KPhotoAlbum] Can't read raw images

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Mon Aug 16 00:10:31 BST 2021

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 15. August 2021, 09:39:37 CEST schrieb Benny Simonsen:
> Hi
> I can't view my old Canon raw .tif images anymore in KPhotoalbum.
> I can see the newer .crw and .cr2 images works fine.
>
> I have upgraded my PC, and it might be long time ago it have worked, so I
> don't know what have changed.

Are the files correctly displayed in gwenview? We use libkdcraw, just like
gwenview, so if gwenview works but kphotoalbum doesn't, this is a kphotoalbum
issue...

> *UFRaw*
> I have prior used UFRaw + URwaw batch - I don't know if KPhotoalbum have
> used it, but it have dissaperaed from the linuxmint repo due to
> unmaintained.

We use libkdcraw, which depends on libraw.

> *MPlayer2*: Not installed, I can't see it should be a dependency any more

-> This seems to be a packaging error. KPhotoAlbum used to use mplayer/
mplayer2 for creating video thumbnails, but does not do so anymore.

Cheers,
  Johannes