[KPhotoAlbum] Startup performance

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Tue Oct 13 14:56:15 BST 2020

Hi coders,
As a user, sitting on the side line and occasional submitter of rare bugs I like to join Martin in thanking you. It is just great to see one of my favourite programs being cared for.
I had similar ideas about splitting the DB. In fact I sort of do it myself since ages: Everybody has her/his own DB and only good pictures are migrated via Kim to the family album. Which is in a better backup level.
This works nicely except that it is a bit of a pain to sync category entries. Which brings me to the point:
Would it be possible to have one or more separate category-DBs alongside the image DBs?
Then splitting it as Martin proposed would be a better user experience. When setting up a new DB you could possibly choose from which Category tree to inherit and have all meta data to choose from from image1 on.
Best regards, Andreas