[KPhotoAlbum] Startup performance

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Tue Oct 13 06:50:37 BST 2020

Hi!

Am 12. Okt. 2020 schrieb Robert Krawitz:

> It really is the startup that's the most visible aspect of all of this.  Again, that either means
> pretty fundamental changes in the storage backend, a faster XML parser, or maybe a way of bringing
> up the UI while images are still loading (and since you're often going to want to look at your most
> recent photos, not even very helpul).  If we stored photos in the database in _reverse_ order of
> time, though, that might be workable (I'd love to have instant access to my most recent basketball
> game while the rest of the file is being loaded).

Just an idea: what about "partitioning" the database. I mean we could
have a single XML file per year, per decade, per 10k images or whatever.
That way, loading the more recent images first as Robert suggested would
be easier.

Oh and BTW, thanks for all the work that has be done on KPA so far!
Really great work!

hth,
- martin