[KPhotoAlbum] mapview-patch

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 28 17:32:12 GMT 2020

Am Montag, 28. Dezember 2020, 17:18:31 CET schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> On 12/28/20 10:33 AM, Reimar Imhof wrote:
> > Hi,
> > attached is a small patch for the mapview.
> >
> > Background:
> > It's possible to select images by dragging a rectangle around the images
> > (press ctrl, left mouse button and move mouse).
> > When you just click you (may) select an image cluster.
> >
> > The patch is very simple: Before selecting an image cluster there's not
> > only a test for the left mouse button but also an test for the ctrl
> > button. If ctrl is pressed no cluster will be selected.
> >
> > Please have a look and push the patch to the git repository.
>
> I'm not too familiar with this code (I don't use locations), but perhaps the
> right thing to do here would be click/drag to select, shift-click/drag to
> add, ctrl-click/drag to remove like other applications (e. g. GIMP)?

For me the locations are a nice feature I'm using frequently, but i also don't
know much about the code.
I think my patch just fits with the actual user interface.
But I didn't mean to say anything about how the user interface should behave.
If there is a GUI standard kphotoalbum should try to implement it. And I
think, it should be obvious to the user how the user can interact with the
software. At the moment it's not that clear - at least to me. I don't
understand when clicking on the map outside an image cluster does select an
image cluster (I don't expect this at all and don't understand what's
selected) and when it does not. The next thing is, when it doesn't select an
image cluster I can move the map around and the hand mouse pointer indicates I
could do so. But if (why ever) an cluster got selected I can't move the map.
So I'd be happy if the user interface could get a little more obvious or
simple to use.