[KPhotoAlbum] Image load optimizations

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 6 03:19:31 GMT 2019

On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 23:48:52 +0100, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2019, 18:26:53 CET schrieb Robert Krawitz:
>> I've added UI elements for the image load parameters.
>>
>> Note that this is experimental.  Also, the detail parameters don't
>> take effect unless you set the load optimization preset to Manual.
>
> To my shame I didn't come around to testing your patch yet. One
> thought about the settings data, though: shouldn't we store the
> settings on a per-database basis?

There are a number of settings that should be database-specific IMO.
Ideally this might be specific at an even lower level than database,
since one database might span multiple filesystems (mine's about 4TB,
and it currently spans a 2TB spinner and a 4TB SATA SSD).

But I think we should take a closer look at the settings dialog and
think about what really belongs in KPA settings vs. database settings,
and consider whether we want to store the database settings in the
database proper.

--Eric Crampton