[KPhotoAlbum] Testers wanted: Show date-range for tags and performance

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Apr 13 19:35:01 BST 2019

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 15:18:31 +0200, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've implemented a display of date ranges of tags. I.e. when browsing, you'll now see the time range of the images tagged with that specific tag.

Not sure how much I like this.  It's a bit cluttered, and the
start/end dates don't line up in columns (partly because of the date
format).

Which brings me to, the fixed date format (d. MMM yyyy) is not a very
natural one to everybody.  I'd rather have the date format either
taken from the locale or be user-specified, perhaps from a menu.  This
wouldn't be too difficult for display purposes, but the hard-coded
regexp for parsing dates presents problems.

Also curious why it's done with a regexp rather than
QDateTime::fromString, if anybody knows.

> While implementing this, I've also improved the performance of the Browser::OverviewPage::updateImageCount() method. This means that the overview page should now be displayed significantly faster.

Yep.  It's hard to measure exactly, but I'd say it's maybe 3-4x
improved.

--Eric Crampton