[KPhotoAlbum] Searching

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:18:25 BST 2018

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 02:23:50 -0400, Joe wrote:
> On 10/17/2018 08:41 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
>> Something else that occurred to me about searching is that it could be
>> useful to save complex searches (named views, in essence).  At
>> present, all searches are ad hoc.  Just a bit of an idle thought,
>> maybe.
>>
> While we're brainstorming ;)  : I'm lazy. I have about 7000 of our 35000
> images tagged and will almost certainly never catch up. I can do around
> 100/per hour when I'm fresh, but I can't maintain that for very long.
> That's almost 300 hours of work just to catch up! (And my collection of
> pictures is way smaller than yours!)

One way you can do this more quickly is to use quick tags (typing a
single letter while in the viewer adds a tag to the image; you can
later go back and add the real information).  I usually shoot in
bursts, rather than frequent small numbers; one football game, for
example, can result in 2500-3000 frames.

--Eric Crampton