[KPhotoAlbum] Load-performance branch

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:40:16 BST 2018

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 09:13:28 +0200, Angel Lopez wrote:
> Now I managed to compile. The load-performance-stable branch went better.
> I just neede to comment a couple of lines in
> /RemoteControl/RemoteConnection.cpp
>
> protocolDebug() <<
> qPrintable(QTime::currentTime().toString(QString::fromUtf8("hh:mm:ss.zzz")))
>                                << ": Received " << qPrintable(id);

I've seen that too, but it's not related to my changes.

> But after opening the kphotoalbum (very fast, although not fully tested),
> the display of thumbnails is very slow, and also opening photographs (CR2
> files).

What does "very slow" mean, specifically?  And is this only for new
files or for all files?

I'm very surprised that display of .cr2 files is slower.  Can you run
it from the command line and see if there are any messages from RAW
decoding?

> Will test more and report it.

--Eric Crampton