[KPhotoAlbum] wrong GPS position

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 17 00:09:04 BST 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 21:27:12 +0200, Reimar Imhof wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> The problem is: The error is not photo related. It seems it could be
> any photo. If you add one photo at a time to the exif db it seems
> all good. The more you add at a time the bigger the chance you get
> wrong gps data. Or if I select about 10 photos and have the exif
> info read again there is quite a good chance that I get correct gps
> data (well sometimes even 10 is to much). But if I select a larger
> number of photos the chance is very big, that I get wrong positions.
> What I've also seen after spending whole evening looking for gps
> positions: There are quite a lot of photos that got gps data that is
> wrong by perhaps not more then 50 km. There were only very little
> photos with terrible wrong gps info (put at the north pole).  So
> sorry, I can't provide you with a "prolbem photo".
>
> Is this somehow a race condition? Some things working parallel
> causing trouble?

It doesn't look likely given the code, but I couldn't rule it out.
Does this reproduce with KPA 5.3?  If not, can you bisect to the
change at which it does happen?

Given that the behavior sounds like it's nondeterministic, it's just
possible that my performance changes did this.  In which case I'll
need a set of photos that exhibits this behavior, even
non-deterministically.

--Eric Crampton