[KPhotoAlbum] wrong GPS position

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Sat Jul 14 08:51:33 BST 2018

Hi,

some photos show wrong gps position in kphotoalbum. But when opening such a
photo in showPhoto every thing is fine (in showPhoto). So the gps position
from the camera is okay.
kphotoalbum shows positions that are wrong by some kilometers. Some photos are
even placed at the north pole (0,0). Other photos are read with right position
info.

This is not related to the latest kphotoalbum but also happened with older
versions. And it's not related to a special kde/qt version.
At the moment it's
openSUSE Leap 15.0,
kphotoalbum 5.3,
kde 5.12.5
kdeapps 17.12.3
qt 5.9.4

When selecting such a photo and choosing maintenance read-exif-info it is okay
(in some cases it needs a second or even third try, but in most cases it's
okay after the first try). While doing so I had the exif info dialog on the
screen and opened it again after the exif-re-read. The gps info shown in that
dialog did not change. But the position in the geo position view or the
annotation dialog was fixed.
I also tried to remove the exif db exif-info.db and rebuild it. No luck.

How can this be fixed?

Cheers
Reimar