[KPhotoAlbum] KPA 5.2 crashes after reading new photos

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Tue Jul 25 20:51:39 BST 2017

Hello,

I've compiled KPA 5.2 from sources on OpenSuse 42.2 (64 Bit)
But unfortunately it crashes (segmentation fault) after reading in the
new images.
(See output on console at the end of the mail)

During compile I had got:
[100%] Linking CXX executable kphotoalbum
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
warning: libjpeg.so.8, needed by /usr/lib64/libQt5WebKit.so.5, may
conflict with libjpeg.so.62
[100%] Built target kphotoalbum

So I uninstalled the RPM for libjpeg.so.62 (keeping the .8).
When I relinked, I didn't get the warning. I installed this one for the
test - same behaviour: crashes.

I'm using KPA 5.2 on two other computers running OpenSuse 42.2 (64 bit).
On both it works. The images and index.xml should be the same (synced
using FreeFileSync and a USB-HDD to transfer the data)
The installation should be (mostly) the same. (List of installed
packages transferred)

If I remove ~/.config/kphotoalbumrc and then answer on start to load the
demo DB, it comes up.

If I told it to load just one dir of my photos, it crashed as well. (No
existing index.xml loaded)

On start it complains about only finding MPlayer, but not MPlayer2.
As a test, I went back to KPA 5.1 (also compiled from source)
This behaves similar - it also crashes. (This at least worked "some
time" before on this computer)

How can I (try to) fix this ?
How can I get the info I (or you) need to nail this crash down ?

Regards

Martin

Starting without a Xq11 display, also makes it crash:
pd at tonne:> /usr/local/bin/kphotoalbum
QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
zsh: abort (core dumped)  /usr/local/bin/kphotoalbum

The startup on console for the "normal" startup with my photos and
index.xml:
tonne:/.kde4/share/config> kphotoalbum
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 632, resource id:
42090423, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
Aborting aboutToFinish handling.
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 754, resource id:
42090572, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 1072, resource id:
42090872, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
Warning: Directory Image, entry 0x0111: Strip 0 is outside of the data
area; ignored.
Error: Directory Image, entry 0x014a Sub-IFD pointer 0 is out of bounds;
ignoring it.
[...]
[1]    23100 segmentation fault (core dumped)  kphotoalbum
tonne:/.kde4/share/config>