[KPhotoAlbum] new point: inserting new "class" in the tag-hierarchy - Re: KPA 5.1 issue list

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Jan 15 17:06:14 GMT 2017

Hi,

> Now I ran into this situation
> I only had a single name entered, say
> Persons
>   Henry X.
>
> In the meantime "Henry" is married and has a child "Alvin".
> So I would like to make "Henry" a "superclass" and add himself and Alvin
> below.
>
> So I want something like
> Persons
>   Henry
>     Henry X.
>     Alvin X.
>
> What I did was:
> 1. Created 'Henry' below 'Persons'.
> 2. Made "Henry X." and "Alvin X." a sub-class of 'Henry', using
>    Settings/Configure Kphotoalbum
>    Tag groups
> [...]
> > Is there a way to avoid this ? / A better way to do this restructuring ?
> Is this just "working as defined" or do you consider this a bug ?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly:
In step 1, did you tag the images as "Henry"? If so, having both tags is the
"correct" result.

I see the following alternatives:

a) Do everything in Settings|Configure KPhotoAlbum...|Tag groups:
a1. Right-Click on "People", add new group "Henry"
a2. Select the new group and check "Henry X." as a member

b) Do everything in the annotation dialog:
b1. Right-click on "Henry X." and choose Tag groups|Add this tag to a new tag
group..., name the new group "Henry"

Neither a) nor b) should affect the tags on individual images at all, but only
make "Henry X." a member of a new group "Henry".

HTH,
  Johannes