[KPhotoAlbum] GPS - get info from gpx, not from Exif

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 19:07:58 GMT 2017

> I don't care about location data myself, but one of the key points
> about KPA (to me, at any rate) is that it doesn't insist on modifying
> files to store metadata.

Well, it's not KPA that changes the file ...

> Every time you modify a file, something can go wrong.

I personally never had a problem when I added GPS data to the EXIF headers of
my photos. Not one single image broke, same with adding the correct rotation
to the headers.

However, I think there's no reliable way to inject GPS data into KPA other
than adding it to the EXIF headers before.