[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum crashes at start

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Fri Oct 21 15:38:50 BST 2016

Hi,

On Freitag, 21. Oktober 2016 06:34:54 CEST Rupert Mohr wrote:
> dl3no at dl3no-HP:~/tmp$ apt-cache depends kphotoalbum
> kphotoalbum
[...]

The package dependencies look fine to me.

> dl3no at dl3no-HP:~/tmp$ ldd `which kphotoalbum` |grep Qt
[...]
> libQtXml.so.4 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtXml.so.4
[...]
> libQt5Xml.so.5 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Xml.so.5
[...]

This is definitely the problem. A package cannot link to both Qt4 and Qt5.
KPhotoAlbum 4.x must only link to Qt4.

Most probably a dependency of kphotoalbum updated to Qt5 without properly
changing the soname, thus allowing kphotoalbum to be linked against the wrong
version.

You should be able to find the problematic package by looking at the output of
"ldd --verbose `which kphotoalbum`"

HTH,
  Johannes