[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum crashes at start

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Oct 20 23:07:08 BST 2016

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2016 21:00:06 CEST Miika Turkia wrote:
> Well, at least it looks like my system is using Qt4 and the crash log
> is talking about Qt5. (I am running Xubuntu, so this system might be
> quite different from yours)
>
> Anyway, looks like you are running out of memory (if I read the crash
> log correctly). Does anyone else have any idea, what is going on?

It seems like the dynamic linker somehow decided to link against Qt5.
kphotoalbum 4.7 obviously won't work with Qt5.

Rupert: did your package manager give any warning when you installed
kphotoalbum?

What does the output of "apt-cache depends kphotoalbum" say? What does "ldd
`which kphotoalbum` |grep Qt" say?

  Johannes