[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum git not compiling

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Mon Jan 25 21:18:33 GMT 2016

Hi Johannes,

thanks for the fixes.

Johannes, I've tried your changes 35d4a6d, "Fix problems with i18n of folder
and media type c…".

While you were building it I had a try on my own.
Strange: My change is quite similar to your one but I didn't know anything
about "categoryForSpecial(DB::Category::FolderCategory)" -
I just put "categoryForName(i18n("Folder"))" in all places.
Now I got a strange behavior: When adding new folders to my kphotoalbum root
folder (and start kphotoalbum) there names show up when using my (simpler)
patch.
When I'm using your patch I just get a new folder called "unknown".
I've to save the database and restart kphotoalbum to get the correct name.
That problem even shows up when using C locale.

Perhaps you could have a look at this:
Put a new folder with some photos to your kphotoalbum folder and start
kphotoalbum and go to the folder category - the folder just shows up without
it's name...

Cheers, Reimar