[KPhotoAlbum] missing KIPI plugins (batch processing)

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Dec 31 16:18:48 GMT 2016

> I just searched a little and found an kipi plugins bugs overview at
> https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=kipiplugins
>
> To me this seems all interesting plugins are gone - for example I was using
> the geo tagging plugin or the auto rotate thing. All gone :-(
> I've got no idea if it's possible to include this things that moved to
> digikam into kphotoalbum.

The easiest solution would be to port the missing plugins to KF/Qt5.

> I don't know if there is anyone around who could discuss this with the
> digikam people.

Speaking for the kphotoalbum developers, we can talk to the digikam people in
very much the same way as you can as a user. In a sense, I think it would
probably be better if "regular" users bring this up with the digikam people.

Talking worst case scenarios:
If nobody of the original plugin authors is willing to port the necessary
plugins to Qt5, we can probably get it done. Maintainership is an entirely
different problem, though (in case nobody noticed, we don't have that many
developers lying around here...)

Cheers,
  Johannes