[KPhotoAlbum] missing KIPI plugins (batch processing)

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Tue Dec 27 20:57:01 GMT 2016

Am Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2016, 21:36:07 CET schrieb Andreas Schleth:
> On 27.12.2016 21:10, Reimar Imhof wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2016, 20:50:00 CET schrieb Andreas Schleth:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> this might be an issue with openSUSE, KPA or KIPI:
> >>
> >> In my current install (KPA 5.1..., openSUSE Leap 42.2) the "batch
> >> processing" plugins are not available.  "Batch Plugins" is greyed out.
> >> Several other plugins are available.
> >> As far as I found out, these batch plugins are not part of the KF5 kipi
> >> set anymore.  I may be wrong.
> >>
> >> Am I missing some config step?
> >> Have these plugins gone awol?  (I do not find any suitable packages.)
> >> How is the situation with Ubuntu?
> >>
> >> The batch plugins were the most useful (for me at least).
> >>
> >> Andreas
> >
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > to me it seems if these pugins where integrated into digikam.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Reimar
>
> Hi Reimar,
>
> ... meaning "desintegrated" from KPA?  That would be a pity indeed!
>
> Might there be a way to extract these plugins somehow?
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I just searched a little and found an kipi plugins bugs overview at
https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=kipiplugins

To me this seems all interesting plugins are gone - for example I was using
the geo tagging plugin or the auto rotate thing. All gone :-(
I've got no idea if it's possible to include this things that moved to digikam
into kphotoalbum.
I don't know if there is anyone around who could discuss this with the digikam
people.

Cheers,
Reimar