[KPhotoAlbum] KPA 5.1 issue list

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Wed Dec 28 21:22:50 GMT 2016

Hello,

>> 2. "Maintenance/Build thumbnails" doesn't seem to work
>> If I start this, the progress bar stays at 0 %, even if I leave it ~ 1
>> h. It also seems to me, that only the thumbnails are created, where I
>> scroll the view to.
> ==> have a look at .thumbnails in the root directory of your image
> folder: permissions?  When building thumbnails, do the files here change
> size?
> I watched a similar behaviour of the progress bar, but after a (longish)
> while away from the desk, all thumbnails were built.  So, just the
> progress bar might be broken...

I rechecked:
1. The files (and dir) had been owned by me.
   The dir had ben rwx------; the files -rw------, EXCEPT thumbnailindex
which had been rw-rw-r--
2. I deleted all the files and started it again
   The progress bar stayed at 0 % for all the time, even when I couldn't
see any filesize change any more
   When I looked at the photos in the views, it seemed all thumbnails
had been present now.
3. So it seems it is just the progress bar (maybe with some hickup in
the filecontent before I deleted it and started over)
4. Yes, this is a regression; this used to work before.

Regards

Martin