[KPhotoAlbum] Bug?

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Fri Aug 12 13:45:14 BST 2016

Hello Constantin,

On Freitag, 12. August 2016 11:15:43 CEST Constantin Orăsan wrote:
> I am experiencing a strange issue with KPhotoalbum. It seems that from time
> to time the number of Folder/Media type icons increases. Currently my "Home
> screen" looks like in the attached image. All the Folder icons seem to work
> as expected, but I can filter by Media type only if I click on the last
> one.

This is strange behaviour, indeed.

> I checked the XML and there are several "Folder" and "Media Type"
> categories. Do you think it's safe to delete them directly in XML and keep
> only one?

You can safely delete *all* "Folder" and "Media Type" categories from the XML
file.

These two categories are created on-the-fly by KPhotoAlbum when reading the
database. Normally, they should not be stored in the index.xml file at all.
What locale are you using?

> I am not sure what triggers the increase. I suspect it is when new images
> are found, but I did not watch carefully. I will try to experiment with
> this.

Thanks - I'd be happy  to have more info so we can fix this ...

Cheers,
  Johannes