[KPhotoAlbum] A farewell from jkt

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Tue May 26 01:31:58 BST 2015

On Monday, 25 May 2015 12:22:53 CEST, Tobias Leupold wrote:
> I simply had a look at the git log for the last three years.
> Those who didn't
> appear there were moved to the "Past developers" page. No
> offense! If I moved somebody mistakenly, please let me know.

Hi Tobias,
I think I shouldn't really be present on the "active developers" page. As
weird as it sounds to propose myself for the "hall of fame" :), I think
that with my long-standing laziness, I cannot really be considered active
anymore.

The reason for my inactivity is that I spend more time with my CR2s. I
found myself launching Darktable more and more, and while that tool doesn't
provide as nice tagging and navigating as KPhotoAlbum, my work now focuses
more on "picking the best images", "making the best out of the raw files"
and "making them consistent with each other" rather than the workflows I
used to do years ago, and which KPA excelled (and still excells) in.

According to my index.xml, it's been nice six years of KPA usage, from 2008
to 2013. I would like to thank Jesper for starting this huge effort, for
making me a KDE developer via accepting my first FLOSS patch ever, and for
inviting us to his home for that marvelous development sprint. A big thank
you goes to Henner and Tuomas for being there and being able to chat with
you. Thank you to the users who tested our software and provided bugreports
and reproducible descriptions of random failures. Finally, thank you to the
developers who are carrying the torch now, and continuing to make the
KPhotoAlbum awesome in future.

I can say that I miss the relative clarity of C++ and the pleasancy of Qt
now that I occasionally send patches to a GTK app written in C :).

May the good light, steady hands, fast lenses and low-noise sensors
accompany the fellow photographers. May the code which you programmers
produce be relatively bug-free, and let the remaining bugs entertain you
enough to stick around working on projects you enjoy.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/