[KPhotoAlbum] Upgrade totally broken on my computer

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Feb 20 19:24:01 GMT 2015

SOLVED:

I asked the ppa maintainer and Dominik found the issue immediately.

Apparently he has a non-backports ppa which I was using in addition to
the backports repo
and this release is the first one where that makes a difference.

After following his instructions,the upgrade went through fine except
for one message I'll put in a separate thread.

I did see a few weirdnesses which went away when I looked at them a
second time.

1) I selected one picture and selected annotate individual images.
In the Keywords pane, the first keyword was "~".
When I got out of this and tried it again, the tilde was gone.

2) The first time I selected Annotate individual images, I'm not sure
exactly what I did, but the window ended up way too big to fit on my
screen vertically. It did not have a scroll bar, etc.
When I got out of this and tried it again, it worked fine, filling the
screen correctly.

This makes me think that (at least upgrading from 4.4 to 4.6) maybe some
things may not have had their initial values set correctly, but the new
software corrected them.

This could have been complicated by the fact that I had 4.5 installed
and then purged it while I was trying to get 4.6 to install correctly. I
also ran the save and restore script that comes with KPA in the process.

Joe