[KPhotoAlbum] More patches

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Aug 15 15:46:38 BST 2015

...resending because I was sending from the wrong address before..

On Sunday 09 August 2015 11:03:34 Robert Krawitz wrote:
> I don't really like the current lens EXIF logic.  On many Canon
> cameras, Lens will work better than LensType.  For example, on the
> 300D:
>
> [1(rlk)|{!10}<dsl092-065-009>/altmnt/images/300d/dcim/101canon]
> $ exiv2 -pa img_0108.jpg |grep Lens
> Exif.CanonCs.LensType                        Short       1  (65535)
> Exif.CanonCs.Lens                            Short       3  28.0 - 135.0 mm

While using Exif.CanonCs.Lens may appear to be a "nicer" format than the value
65535, it actually has less information and might match other lenses that just
happen to have the same zoom range. Therefore using Lens instead of LensType
rather seems like a quick&dirty workaround to me.

If you would be so kind and follow the instructions here:
http://www.darktable.org/2015/02/on-lens-detection-and-correction/

This would not only be a quick workaround, but allow _all_ programs using
libexiv2 to show the full info on that lens.

  Johannes