[KPhotoAlbum] Tokens and stacks [was: Re: More patches]

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Aug 15 15:05:07 BST 2015

...resending because I was sending from the wrong address before...

On Friday 07 August 2015 23:18:59 Robert Krawitz wrote:
> * uppercase-tokens: typing a token with the shift key (upper case) in
>   the thumbnail view applies or removes the token from all images in
>   stacks.

Before I change the situation here, I'd like to gather some feedback here on
the list.

First: is the current behaviour "correct" (i.e. the least surprising
behaviour)?
E.g. I have until yesterday assumed that tokens work on whole stacks, not just
the front image (and for that reason I've wondered some times why I didn't add
a token to a specific image).
Would it be better to make tokens work on whole stacks by default?

If so, we could change the default behaviour and use the proposed patch to
only work on the front image of a stack, or maybe the patch would not even be
needed anymore.

Cheers,
  Johannes