[KPhotoAlbum] People and Locations categories not loaded anymore

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Wed Nov 26 23:07:36 GMT 2014

Hi Johannes/Christoph/List,

the problem is that XMLDB::Database::possibleLoadCompressedCategories looks
for the "new", already updated category names, while the XML still contains
the "old" ones. Thus, this data is lost.

I attached a patch fixing the issue, at least partially. I introduced a new
function to XMLDB::Database which tells the file version of the loaded
database. If it's too old (< 6), the "old" category names are looked up.

I'm pretty sure we still have to handle the case when localized standard
category names are stored in the database, which are substituted by their
modern C locale counterpart. This is a bit more tricky ;-)

But at least, I hope this is a good starting point for fixing this issue.

Cheers and good night, Tobias