[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum crashes while generating thumbnails during start

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Wed May 29 23:44:26 BST 2013

Hi Manfred,

On Wednesday 29 May 2013 23:20:08 Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> I was not aware that the performance issue should already be solved.
> That would be great, I will test git master and let you know.

At the moment I'm not totally convinced that it is fully solved, but we've
removed at least some of the problems. Building the thumbnails for all images
over an NFS mount is going to take a while, anyways. During thumbnail
construction the GUI is still sluggish, but in contrast to before the program
does react to input.

Btw. you don't happen to have your old thumbnail database lying around
somewhere, do you? I was thinking that it should be doable to write a
converter. It's not of much use to me because I already have rebuilt the
database, but I guess there will be plenty of people with big databases on
slow media that have not upgraded yet.

> Everything else should be fixed, thanks!

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
  Johannes