[KPhotoAlbum] EXIF Search...

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Thu Jul 11 22:40:28 BST 2013

Hi Neil,

Sorry to disappoint you, but a search as you described is currently not
possible.

The "Show exif info" dialog reads the information directly from the image,
while the search dialog uses a database to speed up search. Unfortunately,
this database only contains a subset of exif tags:

$ sqlite3 exif-info.db .schema
CREATE TABLE exif (filename string PRIMARY KEY, Exif_Photo_FocalLength float,
Exif_Photo_ExposureTime float, Exif_Photo_ApertureValue float,
Exif_Photo_FNumber float, Exif_Photo_Flash int, Exif_Photo_Contrast int,
Exif_Photo_Sharpness int, Exif_Photo_Saturation int, Exif_Image_Orientation
int, Exif_Photo_MeteringMode int, Exif_Photo_ISOSpeedRatings int,
Exif_Photo_ExposureProgram int, Exif_Image_Make string, Exif_Image_Model
string );

Since the LensType is not stored, we can't do a search on it.

  Johannes