[KPhotoAlbum] Re: Export data to EXIF/IPTC/XMP

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Thu Feb 21 21:30:16 GMT 2013

On Thursday, 21 February 2013 13:35:42 CEST, jeskon at t-online.de wrote:
> Maybe you can help me with the following question: Today I spent half
> the day trying to figure out how to export the kphotoalbum metadata
> (keywords, locations, tokens) to the EXIF/IPTC/XMP tags of my photo
> files. I read several forum posts that KPhotoAlbum supports this
> feature
> but didn't find any documentation about it. A forum user writes about
> configuration dialog Settings -> Configure KPA -> Metadata. However I
> could only find the EXIF/IPTC-Information dialog to configure which
> information to display in the UI (I use KPA 4.1.1) and an Export
> dialog
> which creates a kpi file.

That's a feature which I added into a very, very old version of KPA years ago. It was not particularly flexible (read: it sucked a lot) and I had the opinion that it should be done in a completely different way to be usable enough. I didn't have time for that rewrite, though, and nobody else considered it important enough so it was lost. Sorry, there's no code for it now.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/