[KPhotoAlbum] RFC: New design for Date/Time part of annotation dialog, autorange for datebar

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Mon Apr 15 05:03:01 BST 2013

I just always thought the date bar should do something when you click on
it, etc.

I was thinking of something very simple. Highlight part of the bar just
like selecting text in a word processor, then some key presses or mouse
clicks to go ahead and deselect or activate it.

For *fancy*, a tool tip or pop-up could list the beginning and ending
date of the range highlighted. This would probably be needed so you
could see precisely what you had selected.

*If* the code can *easily* tell how many pictures have been
(sub)selected (before committing to the selection), then displaying that
would be useful as well.

*Really fancy* - allow more than one range selection.

Joe

I don't do any gui programming beyond zenity/yad, so what I want sounds
simple to me, but I have no idea what it takes to do it in a real
language/application.