[KPhotoAlbum] View Picture in Context

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Sep 8 05:55:05 BST 2012

Hi.  I'm using KPhotoAlbum 4.2 on kubuntu oneiric.  The features of this
release are really nice.  I can see a bunch of improvements from the prior
release.

I need a workflow hint.

I'm tagging a large number of photos (in a selected subset of all my
photos - the latest set of folders I've created) and need to stop (close
KPhotoAlbum) in the middle to do something else.  I need an easy way to
get back to where I left off.

What I tried (I'm not attached to doing it this way, I just want a way
that works.):
I select the next picture I want to work on (to use as a bookmark) and add
an unused token to it, save the database and quit.  When I come back and
start KPhotoAlbum again, I select my subset of pictures and then I click
on tokens, and search for that token.  It finds it.  I display thumbnails
and see the one picture.  So far, so good, but ...

What doesn't work as hoped for:
What I was hoping to do next was to right click on the picture and select
something like "display in context" to get back to my previous selection
of photos positioned to display that particular photo and the ones around
it.  There was no such option in the context menu.  Did this feature go
away, or am I just going about it the wrong way?

Workaround:
I was able to manually remember the photo file name (I have it displayed
with the thumbnails),  I hit the back arrow to restore my previous whole
subset and then was able to quickly scroll down to find that picture, but
I'm sure there is/was a better way to do it.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Joe