[KPhotoAlbum] Searching within folders in KPA 4.3

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Oct 21 03:57:30 BST 2012

I'm very behind in tagging my photos.  My photos are stored in folders
named by the date of the most recent picture in the folder.  I try to
keep them in batches of 700 or less per folder.

To catch up, I'm trying to tag the newest ones first.

What I did was select Folder from the main KPA window and then select a
folder to work on.  That works fine, but when I try to search within
that folder (nested searches seem to work great everywhere else), it
reverts to matching against my entire collection instead of a smaller
subset of the folder.

I have a Category/tag named Done for pictures which are completely
tagged.  What I wanted to do was select all the photos in the folder
that are *not* Done.  This does not appear to work as I expected.

I know I can work around this by manually entering a date range or just
sorting the images in reverse date order, but it would be nice (and
consistent) if sub-selections of a folder would work.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

TIA

Joe