[KPhotoAlbum] documentation only accessible after hand work

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:56:11 BST 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Martin Jost <lists at majo.name> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noted once from the mailing list, that there is a special trick needed
> to get the documentation in KPA accessible:
>
>> 4.3. 2012, Re: [KPhotoAlbum] Ready for 4.2-rc1?
>>
>>> [F1] or "Help/KPA handbook" ends with "Documentation not found"
>>> My understanding from the compile/install is, that it should be present
>>> - isn't it ?
>>
>> That is a bit tricky as my understanding is that khelpcenter shows
>> documentation only from one location. Therefore I have a symlink
>> pointing to my KPA installation location:
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kphotoalbum ->
>> /usr/local/share/doc/HTML/en/kphotoalbum
>
> and also .../de/...
>
> Should KPA on install create the links ?
> What else is the right way to do it ?
> As it is currently, the users have a good chance of not even knowing,
> that there is a maintained, up-to-date documentation avalable ! (I wasn't !)

Good observations. If only someone would give the correct answers...

When compiling yourself you get to choose where to install. From my
point of view it would be wrong to "mess up" elsewhere.. However,
updating the installation documentation on our web page is in order to
mention how to get the documentation to work.

I would guess that the wrong permissions for your locales is due to
too strict umask.

miika