[KPhotoAlbum] Changing my photo directory structure

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:38:37 GMT 2012

Hello,

> I have my photos that are managed by KPhotoAlbum stored in
> /media/rm0ldata/data/Rita/Rita_Images/Olympus/
>
> I want to change it to
> /media/rm0ldata/data/Rita/Rita_Images/Photos with Olympus as a
> subdirectory along with subdirectories for my new camera, etc.
>
> Is there anything I have to do other than just create the new directory
> structure and point KPhotoAlbum at it?
>
> Will KPhotoAlbum have to rescan my whole large collection after I do this,
> and will all my tags in the database be preserved?

I believe if you do not change both the file (i.e. different checksum)
and the file name (or the the location) at the same time there should
be no problems. When you start kphotoalbum, it should be able to find
the images and assign the old tags. So in your case, it should work
without problems.

Regards,

Constantin