[KPhotoAlbum] git master-branch doesn't compile

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Tue Jun 12 22:21:02 BST 2012

On Tuesday 12 June 2012 19:46:06 Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> Thanks for the patches, see comments below.
>
> > 0001-Fix-compile-error.patch
>
> This was indeed a "bug" though harmless, did your compiler barf on that? Do
> you use any special flags? Which compiler is that?

Yes, my gcc doesn't like the redefinition of "fileName". No special flags,
just running cmake without special parameters and then calling make.

# g++ --version |head -1
g++ (Debian 4.7.0-12) 4.7.0

> > 0002-Fix-compiler-warnings-wrong-cast-unused-params.patch
>
> I've applied the first part to this, leaving the warning in, as I really do
> not want to forget about this code. That these variables are not used
> concerns me quite a bit.

Yeah, me too. But I was not sure whether the function should do something with
those parameters, or if the function interface should be simplified...

> So I apply each of them, and I want to make a minor change (patch 1 had
> some vi stuff added to the end, and some whitespace changes, patch to
> removed a waning I wanted to keep in there).

Well, I kind of intentionally smuggled this (and other) vi modelines into
files I touched, so I don't mess up the indentation by accident. If you don't
want them I'll try to avoid them in the future(*)...

Cheers,
  Johannes

(*) In this case you'll probably want to check the existing codebase:
    grep --files-with-matches 'vi:' */*.{cpp,h}