[KPhotoAlbum] git master-branch doesn't compile

Tuomas Suutari tuomas.suutari at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:00:57 BST 2012

On 12 June 2012 20:46, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> wrote:
> Anyone with git knowledge who can help me with this question:
> So I get three patches as above, I can apply each of the using git am <patch>
> (or even from the mbox, but that's not the issue I want to address).
>
> So I apply each of them, and I want to make a minor change (patch 1 had some
> vi stuff added to the end, and some whitespace changes, patch to removed a
> waning I wanted to keep in there). How do I got around doing that?
> I ended up doing:
> git am <file>
> git reset HEAD~
> then git add -p
>
> but that nukes the check in message and Johannes as the author.

Something like this could do it:

git am <file>
git checkout -p HEAD~
  # leave out hunks that you want, or do other edits with "e"
git commit --amend
  # here you can also drop a note to the message that you've done some edits

Another option would be using the commit message from HEAD@{1}, which
points to the HEAD value before the reset. That can be done with "git
commit -c HEAD@{1}"  or "git commit -C HEAD@{1}". Former lets you edit
the message, latter not.

--
Tuomas